Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Of Ladybugs and Fish

Thursday night after my 6-9pm Invertebrate Practical (still a horrible time slot but this one was on mollusks so it was really interesting!) I met up with housemates at Uni Club where we socialized with friends and hit up the dance floor. Below are German Kristin, Australian Vicki, and American Kelsi. So multinational!

Aussies frown on trick-or-treating but they do appreciate the excuse for a costume party. Kelsi and I coordinated to arrive in good, cheap style to our friends’ early Halloween party. I wore my favorite shoes and Kelsi’s leggings and red shirt, then combined construction paper, a plastic table cloth, and an old poster to make a lovely ladybug costume; Kelsi borrowed my sparkly dress and transformed into a fish by adding scales, fins, and eyeballs.


We hung out with a doctor, robot, Goon warrior, the Hulk and many others. We left for home early (that's like midnight) and slept in the next morning. We then shared a lovely pancake brunch on the backyard balcony.



This is the last week of class already and it's time to start studying for finals. Also, I've gotten quite out of shape but am trying to fix that. On Monday I swam 1000m and played a water polo game, on Tuesday I swam 1500m and played a water polo game, and today I swam 2200m.

On another note, I have gotten the hang of driving on the left side of the road (not that I drive cars myself, but as a passenger or a bicyclist), but I still have to take a moment to think about which side of the car is the passenger’s side and which is the driver’s… And I definitely have not gotten the hang of swimming on the left side of the lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers